Saturday, April 16, 2011

Alice In Wonderland, paragraph 121

8" x 12" (image) 10.25" x 15" (paper)
Water based ink on Stonehenge paper

I created this woodcut illustration for paragraph #121 of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as part of the Alice Project/What is the Use of A Book Without Pictures. This is a project where a variety of artists illustrate Lewis Carroll's famous children's tale paragraph by paragraph. This is my second illustration for the project, and I wrote more about it here.

To give a little context to this image, Alice has been speaking with the Caterpillar and here she mis-recites "You Are Old, Father William" for him.

Paragraph #121 goes as follows:

‘I have answered three questions, and that is enough,’

Said his father; ‘don’t give yourself airs!

Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?

Be off, or I’ll kick you down stairs!’

No comments:

Post a Comment