Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In Memory of Sascha

Just over a year ago I made a small print in tribute to my friend's cat who passed away (view and read about it here.) That same friend has just lost her other cat, Sascha. This loss especially saddens me, partially because it was so close to the passing of Griffin, and partially because Sascha was the same age as my own black cat Aubrey, and so I'm reminded that his time grows more and more limited. Like my Aubrey, Sascha was full of attitude. She didn't like cuddling, and if you crossed her or even caught her in a bad mood, watch out for teeth and claws! If I came over to visit with my baby, Sascha had to be locked in a separate room. But who doesn't love a diva even if she is high maintenance. Sascha had unique and quirky tuxedo markings, including black whiskers above one eye and white above the other. I commemorate her with this image, and hope the expression does something to capture her distinct personality.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the special print. I really love it, and I think Sascha would approve. xo

    ReplyDelete