Monday, November 11, 2013

"Scarlett" (Finished Book)

I finished the first of three single-sheet, 8-page books which I plan to  submit it to the exhibition Ritual taking place in December in Philadelphia. I have some from this limited edition of only 6 for sale also on my Etsy Store, click here. I'm definitely going to keep one with the idea that I might scan it in the future and make high quality reproductions which could be sold much cheaper. 

The whole sheet of paper measures 10" x 17", so when it is folded each page measures 4.25" x 5". It is printed on white Subi paper. The images are created entirely of hand-carved, hand-printed woodblock prints. The whole thing took about 32 hours of work over 9 days. 




Front Cover

Pages 2 and 3

Pages 4 and 5

Pages 6 and 7
Back Cover


No comments:

Post a Comment