Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hans Frank's Deer

For anyone curious to learn more about the artist Hans Frank, click here.

The young deer sharply turns, points his ears toward the sound. He hears things we don't. Or perhaps more accurately, most of the time, hears things we don't bother to notice. Oh big brain, monkey mind, this great eraser of sights and sounds no longer of any practical use or obvious consequence! What symphonies will never be revealed to me?

I do not envy the deer, this overgrown, ennobled forest rat, despite his large ears, graceful leaps and penetrating gaze. I do not know what it is to be a deer. I can no longer listen to his music than he can comprehend mine.

1 comment:

  1. I have a print of a deer with antlers. Can u tell me what it is worth it what I could sell it for

    ReplyDelete