Wednesday, July 27, 2016

"Stretching"

Woodcut reduction in 4 layers
Oil based ink on Rives BFK
7" x 12" (image) 10" x 15" (paper)
Edition of 17 

Five years ago I made a print titled Self Portrait With Sasquatch. It was also a nude of myself with one of my pet cats. I loved how that print turned out and always wanted to make a similar reduction woodcuts on the same subject of the naked figure in domestic settings. I did some nice ones of my husband (Rubber Duck and New Hat) and daughters (In the Tent With BunnyLife Preserver and Climbing Into the Crib), but hadn't managed to make another nude of myself that I'm happy with until now. Another title for this could be Self Portrait with Aubrey. Aubrey recently turned 18, so he's been featured in many of my works of art over the years. Not sure how many more he'll make it into before he passes on (Sasquatch is now gone) so I'm happy to immortalize him a few more time in art as he exists today. 

This print was also created for the Baren Forum for Woodblock Printmaker's Print Exchange #69. It is the 8th exchange I've participated in through the Baren Forum. I have collected so many wonderful prints through these exchanges. As a woodcut printmaker I'm so grateful for this professional community of artists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment