Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"Eastern Screech Owl" and "Black-Banded Owl" (color versions)

Yesterday I posted the black and white versions of these printed on kinwashi paper. These color versions that I hand painted with watercolors last night were printed on Stonehenge paper and then mounted, full-bleed, on 6" x 6" birch panels. (They must be formatted that way for a show I'm entering. Although it also looks rather nice.)

I won't have time for a week or two to color any more for my Etsy store, but when I do I'll have them for sale. Those will likely be printed on Stonehenge paper with a thick white border, maybe around 10" x 10" in size. I'll add the link to this blog post when that happens.

In the meantime, if you like owls and enjoy this style of printmaking, you have until February 13th to support the creation of "A Wise Old Owl" handmade book project by pre-ordering it at a discounted rate. Check out the Kickstarter campaign here.


No comments:

Post a Comment