Sunday, May 7, 2017

Residency at Soaring Gardens Begins!

I arrived at Soaring Gardens Artist's Retreat yesterday. I'm spending two weeks here to get my head back into creating artwork for the book projects I've started. It's a rather secluded, beautiful place, surrounded by farms, gardens, and lots of nature. After setting up my studio I was greeted by a local rabbit, and today I watched two groundhogs chase each other around the back yard.

So far it has rained almost nonstop all weekend - which is great for getting work done in the studio! I've done quite a bit of drawing and carving and even some printing already. I might have something finished tomorrow or Tuesday, and when I do I'll post more. Until then, here are some photos of the studio I'm working in and its gorgeous view of the grounds.





No comments:

Post a Comment